From the Maker:
I have a similar tote that I made many years ago that has been my go-to ever since! It goes with me to and from work, on car trips, and anywhere I travel when I need to stash a notebook and extra items that don’t normally fit in my purse.
I’m happy to be able to share this with you and hope you enjoy sewing it up and putting it to use. This is a quick tote designed with a few optional add-ons if you’re feeling up to it. Otherwise, it is beautiful and useful in its simplicity as is.
13½” wide x 12” tall x 4” deep [34.3 cm x 30.5 cm x 10.2 cm]
- 1 yd* [91.4 cm] Exterior Fabric
- 2/3 yd [61 cm] Lining Fabric (includes interior pocket)
- 2 yds [1.9 m] Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101-20”/51 cm-wide)
- (Optional) 3/4” [18mm] magnetic snap, for top closure
- (Optional) (1) size 24 metal snap, for Front Pocket
- (Optional) (1) 20" [51 cm] zipper, for recessed zipper closure
- (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide leather straps OR (2) 28” x 1” [71.1 cm x 2.5 cm] wide cotton webbing, for Handles
^if using waxed canvas (8-10 oz.), reduce fusible woven interfacing to 1 ¼ yd and do not interface exterior fabric pieces
* if using non-directional exterior fabric reduce to 2/3 yd [61 cm]